Information for healthcare professionals
Chronic Hepatitis B Screening & Management Guidelines
An overview of AASLD, ACP, CDC, and USPSTF screening guidelines for Hep B plus disease management recommendationsDownload the Guide
AASLD=American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases; ACP=American College of Physicians; CDC=Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; USPSTF=U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
- Gish R, Cohen C, Block J, et al. Data supporting updating estimates of the prevalence of chronic hepatitis B and C in the United States. Hepatology. 2015;62:1339-1341.
- Kowdley K, Wang C, Welch S, et al. Prevalence of chronic hepatitis B among foreign-born persons living in the United States by country of origin. Hepatology. 2012;56:422-433.
- U.S. Census Bureau. U.S. and World Population Clock. The United States. Census Bureau website. https://www.census.gov/popclock/. Accessed October 1, 2019.
- Terrault NA, Lok ASF, McMahon BJ, et al. Update on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of chronic hepatitis B: AASLD 2018 hepatitis B guidance. Hepatology. 2018;67(4):1560-1599.
- Cohen C, Holmberg SD, McMahon BJ, et al. Is chronic hepatitis B being undertreated in the United States? J Viral Hepat. 2011;18:377-383.
- World Health Organization. Guidelines for the prevention, care and treatment of persons with chronic hepatitis B infection. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2015.
- Abara W, Qaseem A, Schillie S, et al. Hepatitis B vaccination, screening, and linkage to care: best practice advice from the American College of Physicians and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ann Intern Med. 2017;167(11):794-804.
- Spradling P, Xing J, Rupp L, et al. Infrequent clinical assessment of chronic hepatitis B patients in United States general healthcare settings. Clin Infect Dis.2016;63:1205-1208.